Sunday, February 10, 2013

Birthday Party Crazy Jewelry Mirror

edmonds outing blog photos 011

edmonds outing blog photos 012

My mom has discovered Pinterest.  She was so inspired, she had me over for some birthday crafting.  It was her version of an impromptu birthday party, complete with quiche and strawberry cake.

WP_000875

Isn’t this such a beautiful spread?  She wasn’t that excited about getting together at 9:30 in the morning but I think she outdid herself.  It was delicious.

WP_000874

The idea is to use up any unwanted, mismatched, broken and otherwise unused jewelry by hot gluing as much as you can to the frame of a mirror.

WP_000880

WP_000881

I loved this project and can’t wait to make another one.  My daughter thinks I should spray paint it but I like the colorfulness of this.  We’ll see.  I might.

edmonds outing blog photos 015

Before I leave, I want to update you on my 31 day challenge.  Monday is the last day for getting rid of 31 things in 31 days (or was it 30 in 30?).  Point is, I cleaned out a lot of cabinets and have made several runs to the thrift shop.  This is the last collection of things with which I am parting.  It’s so hard to let go but I feel really good about the clean cabinets and empty spaces.  Time to get new stuff!

th_DSCF63832

button-4

skip to my lou

I’m linking today’s post with Motivate Me Monday, Made It on Monday and Skip to My Lou for Made By You Monday link parties.  Enjoy stopping by these blogs for some great project ideas.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

What a fun project and a great time together with your mom. I should join in on a let things go party but I have been trying to do a little cleaning out and donating, just not blogging about it. It was fun to visit your blog today.