Sunday, June 30, 2013

Good Hair Day

Do you Pinterest?  When we started planning my daughter’s wedding last year, I really got into Pinterest; especially when it came to choosing a wedding day hairstyle.

Dad's 70th birthday weekend 048

There are some crazy talented women out there.  I learned how to French braid when I was in elementary school.

  1. I created this braid by braiding the top of my hair in five sections, from front to back.
  2. Then I started a French braid on the left side, just above my ear, but I only pulled in strands, including the braided pieces, into the top of the French braid, leaving the bottom a finished braid.
  3. I completed the half French braid at a slight angle to the right ear and then stopped.
  4. I combed all the back hair straight and then did a French braid down the back, starting from the half-French braid.

Dad's 70th birthday weekend 049

Simple French braids just don’t seem to cut it any more.  It’s a good thing I enjoy braiding my hair.  I think it probably looked better in the morning but I got several comments on my style.  It compelled me to write a quick post.

Dad's 70th birthday weekend 050

Interestingly, this is first quiet evening I have had the time and energy to even get on my computer long enough to update my blog.

Dad's 70th birthday weekend 052

Now I will pin my post to Pinterest.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you are inspired to do something fun with your hair this week.

Beth

del.icio.us Tags: ,,

1 comment:

Self Sagacity said...

Hi Beth! I finally found your blog again. I went on G+ several times but your blog link isn't on your G+ page. Anyhow, I am glad I was able to find your blog today.

Thanks for your visit to Self Sagacity.com and your sweet comment. It is always nice to have you visit.

I love the hairdo today on your post. I have been doing a lot of braiding on my little girl. She just likes the old fashion pony tail, but I think the braids are so awesome, it dresses each strand of hair and makes them look royal.