Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Table Top Tuesday New Placemats Made

blog photos 025

Let me just take a minute to share about these placemats.  I bought the fabric over a year ago.  At that time, my placemats were looking pretty sad- mismatched, worn, old and tired.  Placemats are so easy to make, maybe too easy. Whatever was holding me back, I’m sad I took so long.  Procrastination at it’s finest!  I really like the look and am very happy with the finished product.  Check another item off the “to-do” list.

blog photos 021

This is the Lenox Butterfly Meadow pattern tea set.  I picked this up as my mother’s day gift, a number of years ago, from Costco.  I find the dinner set and all the other pieces, but not the tea set, and especially not for what I paid.  I especially love the cups.  I think the tea pot is a little big, except it’s really great for coffee service.

The flowers in the back are hiding a bit because they have wilted some.  My daughter bought them for me at the Pike Place Market.  What a sweet daughter!  Oh, and she bought that beautiful butterfly tea light goblet trio, too.

blog photos 022

This trivet is very important to read as often as possible.
blog photos 026
Lord of all pots and pans and things, since I’ve not time to be
A saint by doing lovely things or watching late with Thee
Or dreaming in the dawn light or storming Heaven’s gates
Make me a saint by getting meals and washing up the plates.
Although I must have Martha’s hands, I have a Mary mind
And when I black the boots and shoes, They sandals, Lord, I find.
I think of how they trod the earth, what time I scrub the floor
Accept this meditation Lord, I haven’t time for more.
Warm all the kitchen with Thy love, and light it with Thy peace
Forgive me all my worrying and make my grumbling cease.
Thou who didst love to give men food, in room or by sea
Accept this service that I do, I do it unto Thee.

It’s Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life.

FinishedHeader[1]_-_Copy

You can see me at TTAButtonSize-1

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I sew all the time and havn't ever made placemats. Yours are wonderful and I love the fabric. Your tablescape is fabulou. Everything looks so inviting. The kitchen prayer is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing. Thanks also for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Alyssa said...

I love the placemats you made! Yet another reason why I need a sewing machine! LOL

Sherry said...

Your table setting is so inviting. I'll be right over! I love the placemats, dishes and especiallly the tea light trio and flowers. You do have a sweet daughter.

xinex said...

I have always admired the Lenox Butterfly Meadow dishes, very pretty, and your placemats are perfect...Christine