Monday, August 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday Undecided

Surprisingly, the menu for the week is not my indecision.  I couldn’t decide if I was going to post today.  There are so many great link parties and weekly posts in which to participate, I thought I would skip Menu Plan Monday.  I want to use today to visit as many blogs as I can.  That was until I received today’s post from New Nostalgia“If it is a week that I don't have a new cookbook to inspire me, or time to browse the web for new recipes, I just click on my recipe tab and use my tried and true recipes here on the blog.”   She is just too inspiring and encouraging!

mpm_006

I use some of the same methods Amy explains in her blog so I am using today’s post as my encouragement to stay on track.  While I have established a nice collection of recipes and menu items my family likes, I am not nearly as organized as Amy.  I do have a bunch of recipe books full of post it note flags and a file folder just for clipped recipes that we actually eat.  I have another folder for recipes that sound interesting, I just haven’t tried them yet.  I throw out any recipes I have tried and didn’t like, just to keep the clutter down.

My goal is to have all the recipes I use and re-use in one location, hopefully a bound book, but on a computer file is good, too.  Amy’s idea of posting them on her blog is great so I may have to get that organized!

This weeks menu I actually planned last week.

Monday:  Burritos with homemade tortillas, Spinach salad

Tuesday:  Chicken Curry, with rice, served with sauted spinach

Wednesday:  Spaghetti and meatballs, Caesar salad

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Chicken Salad Salad- that is, I make chicken salad with chicken, mayonnaise, and chopped carrots.  I serve that on a bed of salad greens, with other chopped vegetables.

Saturday:  Dirty Risotto

Sunday:  Leftovers, Sandwiches and make your own, as long as you eat some greens

lunchbox meatloaf

del.icio.us Tags: ,,

2 comments:

teachermomof2 said...

Hi Beth~ Thanks for stopping by today! I keep most of our family favorites on my blog or on the computer so they are easy to go access as needed. Also, when planning I tend to go back to previous mpm for that month last year to get ideas.

As for the ham, today I put in a quarter of a boneless ham. I'm not sure of the weight and threw the packaging away a few hours ago. I wanted to get a semi boneless half, but they were way over my budget. I didn't cook the potatoes with it, but have put cubed ham, potatoes and green beans in the crockpot with some low fat chicken broth and simmered that with lots of pepper. It was yummy.

Take care! Blessings and peace, Lisa @http://catholicmomof2.blogspot.com

Amy said...

your comments are so kind. so glad I can inspire, that always takes me by surprise, the fact that sitting here at this box typing away can actually make a difference in someone else's life. too cool...