Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year Anti-Procrastination Tuesday

I can’t think of a better way to get back into a blogging routine than by participating in Anti-Procrastination Tuesday blog party.

7393129504_TCNCj

New Year’s Resolutions

New Year’s Day is meant for starting over and not worrying about all the things you didn’t do exactly how you wanted to over the last year.  Even though keeping New Year’s Resolutions sometimes proves too difficult, it’s beneficial to make them; to set goals.

trip to tucson 009

I almost always resolve to eat better each year, and this year is no exception.  I get better each year.  Now that my husband has changed his eating, it is much easier for me to stay on track.  I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get any GGS (Glowing Green Smoothie) since my daughter absconded with my Vitamix, but I will eat more greens throughout my days.

The rest of my personal resolutions are:

  • Get to the gym at least 3 times a week, and exercise for at least 45 minutes.
  • Eat less wheat-based foods.  I don’t have gluten issues but it’s obvious how hard wheat is on the body and I have been very happy with not eating things like bread, cereals, sauces and anything that is flour, particularly refined flour.
  • Drink more water throughout the day.  I tend to drink water in the morning but once I get to work, I get busy and don’t get enough water.  Coffee, I make time to stop and drink.

Windows_Live_Photo_Gallery_Logo

Now, as I was preparing this post, I had a very difficult time finding the photo of the GGS from above.  For whatever reason I never added a tag.  Fortunately, Windows Photo Gallery allows me to scroll very quickly through all my photos.  My goal is to get the last year’s photos tagged and then to remember to tag my photos as I upload them to my computer.

Roadtrip 2012 183

I also resolve to:

  • Blog regularly, at least once a week
  • Link my posts to more blog parties
  • Set aside time each day to visit others’ blogs

To get off to a great start, I opted to stop by Anti-Procrastination Tuesday and visit a couple blogs before I linked my blog.  I am usually so late in posting, as I am today.  Surprisingly, it’s a short list so far.

Here are a couple blog posts I enjoyed.

Delightfully Free

coconut sugar
I am excited to read about coconut sugar because my husband is very serious about cutting out sugar and this is a great alternative.

Can’t Stop Making Things

dial
This is a tutorial to make a fake clock.  I thought it was an actual clock.

Ok, well, I guess I better get on with the day.  Every New Year’s Day, I spend the day putting away the Christmas décor and then if I have time, I file all the paper work I have not filed for months.  I also go through old files and update any file folder tabs that need it.  I would say I have no time to procrastinate today.

No comments: