I am linking today’s post with New Nostalgia for Anti-Procrastination Tuesday.
When I was wrapping up work last week, I discovered our company had today off. I know I should know these things but I really don’t work a normal schedule. This worked to my advantage because I didn’t have time to schedule anything so I was forced to stay home and get some stuff done.
My Goals This Week
- Write 3 notes to friends
- Continue reducing clutter in the 31 Things in 31 Days challenge. I have packed up a bunch of stuff and it seems like at least 30 items but it really is about 15 so far. I have only been doing the challenge since January 12. The final day for me will be February 11. I have set out a box and as I find something, I put it in there so it’s all ready to go when the box is full. So far it’s all clothes and dishes I have found to pass on.
- Rest and Relax- Work will be pretty busy this week so I have to stay pretty mellow once I get home. I have discovered it is kind of hard for me to sit still.
Last Week’s Goals
- Spending time in the Word each day- I did ok, about 3 out of 5 days. I will keep at this goal for sure.
- Keep up my Lose It Blog- I am discovering this is pretty impractical for me. I eat constantly but I eat really odd things like “2 tablespoons of hemp seeds, a tablespoon of cranberries and 1/2 cup yogurt.” It’s really random every day so it takes me too much time to keep this up. We’ll see. I may try again. For now, it’s on hold.
- Write 3 notes to friends- I got one note done. Gotta keep working on this.
As I have been setting aside things to get rid of, I discovered a bunch of Christmas decorations that did not get put away. I have to laugh every year at all the things that get left out. At least it isn’t April before I found them all. At least, I hope that’s everything.
I always seem to have a stack of ironing and today was a perfect day to work on this.
I have been a little hindered because of this mysterious incident with my ironing board. It seems something was incorrectly ironed and the pad was ruined. I didn’t have time to make a new one- I thought, so I went to purchase one. Turns out no local stores have the pads for the extra wide ironing board. I love this size so I’m surprised it is not more readily available. It took me a couple of weeks to finally settle on trying the standard size (maybe I was mistaken about what I needed?). I was not wrong. The standard size does not really fit the wide board and I probably could have ordered the correct one online and had it right away.
This pad doesn’t fit excitingly well but it’s working and I made a small dent in my pile. I will keep working on it all week and hopefully have the pile gone for next Anti-Procrastination Tuesday.
Now the day is over and I'm back in work mode. One thing I’m excited about though is to hear how my daughter’s time at IMATs went. This is a make-up convention and it was in Pasadena, CA. She has a blog about her interest in beauty and make-up and she will be posting about her time at the convention.