Sunday, February 13, 2011

Anti Procrastination Tuesday

7393129504_TCNCj

My big accomplishment was celebrating my 40th birthday.  I made fabric flowers, decorated tea-lite candles and packaged them up to give to all my friends.  I want to give a Birthday Party in a Bag to one of my readers.  Read below to be entered in my drawing.

blog photos and happy birthday sick girl 031

 

This month marked my 40th birthday.  I had great plans to celebrate.  Then I got sick- really sick.  I was down for a week and a half, and I am still a little low.  I spent my actual birthday at the doctor’s office; my absolute most hated place to be.  I am so grateful for all the care my husband gave me, which speeded my healing.

th_DSCF63832

My great plan for celebrating my birthday was to honor as many friends and family as I could.  I didn’t make it in time for my birthday, but I am still working on it.

blog photos birthday in a bag 006

I made a bunch of these fabric flowers and attached them to cardstock.  I got the idea from Little Birdie Secrets, one of my favorite blogs.

blog photos birthday in a bag 009

I took a stamping class to learn how to make these cool tea lites and boxes.  I made one for each of my honored “birthday” guests.  I bundled the tea lites and flower cards with some chocolates in a decorated bag.  This became my “birthday party in a bag.”  I just want all my friends and family to know how much they mean to me.

Birthday Party in a Bag 001

Because blogging has been so much fun and an important part of my daily life, I want to share a birthday in a bag with one of my readers.  Leave a comment and I will add your name to my drawing.  Share a quick link to my blog on your blog for my give-away and I will add another entry.  The code for my button is about half way down, just past the categories links.

8 comments:

Sherry said...

Beth, I was honored to be part of your birthday celebration and your party in a bag was such a wonderful idea. I will be praying that you gain strength each day. I will put a quick link to this post on my sidebar.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

the flowers and tea lights are so pretty, love them.

Happy 40th birthday. I'm so sorry you were sick and at the doctor's.

What a great thing to share your hand made crafts with your family and friends.

Hope you're having a great week.

Amy said...

I don't have a blog...but I read yours!! :) When I heard about what you did for your birthday, I thought...what a fun and selfless way to spend your birthday!! I have LOVED getting to know you over these past few years!!

RedBettySummer said...

I always appreciate hearing from you both, Sherry and Maria. Thanks for your comments. Amy, I am adding your name to my drawing, too.

Alea Milham said...

What a lovely idea! It's a great way to share the joy. On my birthdays I always like to pick an activity that my kids will enjoy and spend my day doing that.

Self Sagacity said...

What a bummer that you were sick! Especially on one of the big ones. There is always the next big one. Smiles.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

I've added your button to my blog, woo-hoo!

Lyndie said...

Thank you for sharing your life with us Beth! Loved spending time with you at the garden show!