Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last Day of Class and no Rain

We managed to enjoy about five hours of no rain today.  This was quite a streak, as it has been raining most every day since the beginning of June.  I can’t remember when it rained quite so much.  Statistically, we average about 12 days of rain in the month of June so while it seems abnormally wet around here, chances are, we’re about to dry up any day now.  Then again, I really don’t mind the rain.

Thursday class last day 033

It was a good thing the rain stopped for a sec because today was the last day of class for Colin.  For the last half of the day, we celebrate the end of school with a party at a local farm.  God was extremely good to us and even made it comfortably warm for the occasion.   We even got to hang out with the birds- turkeys, peacocks, chickens, roosters, ducks and whatever else was around.  This turkey was very friendly, or very protective.  I’m not sure which but he wasn’t afraid of having his photo taken.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Isn't it great when the rain stops for a short time. I was able to take a couple of pictures of my peonies during a break in the rain yesterday. My thought was, I am so excited to get at least 1 picture before the flowers fall off. Oh to be thankful for the little things.

Anonymous said...

Yay for a little bit of sunshine! And for school being out. :)