Monday, November 17, 2008

Fast Forward to Oscar Night

It's been a while since I updated this blog- partly because it took a while to get life in order after our trip, but also because I have been playing with Facebook. I resisted facebook for a long time, not seeing a benefit. Now, everyone's "doing" it and it is a fun way to touch base with all our family and friends. Even my dad has facebook.

Even though I find facebook to be hugely useful for immediate communication, I have decided I prefer the blog method for more involved updates. The nice thing is facebook lets me link to my blog so you can see all my latest posts right at facebook.

We have been keeping busy, of course. This is a photo of the kids' latest youth group event, Oscar Night. Of course, before there can be an Oscar Night, someone has to make some movies. So, a few weeks ago, the youth group kids got into groups and made three movies, which we all watched at Oscar Night. The awards are mostly decided before the event but we got to vote on Best Picture and Best Presentation of The Gospel after watching the movies.

Connor, center back in the photo, won Best Actor for his role in "Beauty and the Boffers", a movie about a girl struggling with her desire to hang out with her girlfriends and the kids that participate in a sport known as boffing. She doesn't think either group will understand her interest in both, so she keeps both a secret from the other. It's a very gripping tale. It also took Best Picture and Best Presentation of The Gospel.

This event is so much fun and we are looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing.