Monday, September 10, 2012

Table Top Décor String Balls

I’m linking this post with Skip to My Lou for Made By You Monday.

MadeByYouMonday

skip to my lou

I am also linking to Keeping it Simple for Motivate Me Monday.  (I always need lots of motivation!)

th_DSCF63833

Both of these blogs have great links to crafts and inspiration but there are a lot of links.  Don’t feel like you have to visit them all.  Just pick a few, here and there, and enjoy.  It’s a challenge to visit all the blogs we come across but it is so worth the time to stay connected with all the great people in our great country.

194358540138760885_e5LQUvGh_c

When my daughter found this on Pinterest, she was inspired to do some kind of string ball décor for her wedding.

IMG_0645

IMG_0920

A table top setting seemed like a good idea.  The idea was to spread rose petals around the middle and place a candle in the center of the orb.  Since daughter insisted on real candles, the venue owner did not like having the candle near the string.  That was my concern, too.  Since the candle was not in the center of the string ball, there was nothing to hold it down in the wind.

wedding day DIY 002

This is the creation process, in reverse.  The small ones ended up very solid and not easily crushed.

wedding day DIY 008

wedding day DIY 009

wedding day DIY 010

craigslist and blog photos 006

The bigger ones are not very firm and are easily crushed.  Fortunately, this is a very forgiving craft as you can simply blow up a balloon into the center and re-glue.

craigslist and blog photos 001

Now I need to get rid of all these string balls.  I thought I would sell them on craigslist but so far, no takers.  I know if they stick around much longer, I’ll find a way to use them in my house.

No comments: