Friday, July 13, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012

WhereBloggersCreate2012-180

I thoroughly enjoy blogging, and I look so forward to Karen’s blog party, Where Bloggers Create, each year.  It is so fun to connect with all the different bloggers and get to see their individual spaces.  Even though my ability to post to my blog has been quite limited lately, I did not want to miss this year’s party.

Unfortunately, I have had so many obstacles in getting my post ready.  I finally carved out some time this morning but my computer just won’t stay on.  This has been an ongoing issue so I haven’t been using my computer.  I just thought I could coax it into cooperating long enough to get my post accomplished.

Oh, well.  I am sitting at my son’s computer and I managed to get a few photos so let’s see how this works out.  Of course I am suppose to be walking out the door right now as well.

I know everyone is so busy reading posts, but if you have time, you can see photos of my office from last year here.

WP_000427

WP_000432

It drives my daughter crazy, but I love to have all my stuff where I can see it.  The artsy stuff, that is.  All the tools and supplies I like neatly put away, which is why I have so many boxes and drawers and cubbies.

Window area

Decorative storage is amazing.

Desk space

I cut my collections way down and am attempting to keep them in confined spaces.

Desk space  WP_000432

Wow, I wish these photos were better.  I took them with my phone.

Walk decal

I put a few decals on the walls, too.  I love these vinyl decals but it takes me so long to decide where to put them.  I had this one on my shelf for almost two years.  Turns out they will go bad, too, as they either lose their stickiness or they bond with the backing paper.

It is because of this blog party that I was encouraged to get my office in order.  Just like when family is coming over, we are encouraged to clean our homes, the incentive to get motivated is helpful.  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the rest of your blog hopping.

Beth

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I know what you mean...I need to have everything out...and I get away with it here in my living room by making it all fit in with my home decor and creative style! having everything out all the time is inspirational to me....it feeds my inner muse...and my creative wheels are therefore always turning.


thanks for sharing....I hate when I have any sort of computer glitches...not fun! but you shared...and I came to visit you!


stop by to visit me too...if you can.

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Unknown said...

I love all of the neat storage units you've got to organize your things.... that's my next big job - organizing! Your studio looks like the perfect place to be creative! Found you at WBC - would love for you to visit sometime - http://stringtownhome.blogspot.com.
Your newest follower,
Heather

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are having computer issues- always seems to happen when you are really wanting to get something done quickly!

Could you please give me help with parring down!! I don't seem to know what that means when it comes to my creative stuff!!

Hope you will come by and see my new space!

bee blessed
mary

craftyles said...

I agree on paring down. I've had to do alot of that this year. I'm glad we got to see your space even though your computer was n't cooperating!

Susan said...

Glad to visit your space, very lovely!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Computer problems are quite frustrating. It's nice to have everything organized and in view so that you know what you have to create with. My stuff is all over the place so I can never find a thing. Have a great weekend. Tammy

Geralyn Gray said...

Your space looks great and now that you have everything ready for the party......I hope now you can relax and celebrate the good job you did on your space!

Karen Valentine said...

I'm so sorry you are having computer problems Beth! Those can be sooo frustrating, but I think you did a great job getting around it!! I'm with you I lie the pretty, artsy stuff out to inspire me, and the tools etc put away until need them!! Thank you for joining the party! I enjoyed my visit!!!

Helena White said...

Beth, I think you were able to give a peek at your space regardless of computer problems. All my stuff is in huge closet-like room, where I can shut the door on the mess lol! Enjoyed your tour ~ smiles~ ♥ ஆ

Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing your creative space. No worries about computer problems we all have them and you did a great job expressing your creative focus.

ANNE said...

Thanks for sharing your space! I so love peeking inside everyone's homes during this blogger party! I love you nice big desk - I'm so envious...

Have a wonderful day!

Leanne said...

I love that whole idea that this blog party encourages us to get our offices in order! I ran out of time (and memory) and just snapped the photos THIS MORNING (after NO preparation.) So yes, this is life as I see it daily. For Real! LOVE taking this peek at your space. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Tammy said...

I just got my post ready this morning too! I almost forgot all about the blog party and really wouldn't want to miss it! Glad you got your post ready, thanks for sharing your fun space!

A China Cupcake said...

Your studio space is very colorful and filled with great
finds. I love how comfy I felt when I imagined working
in your creative space. Pat Beglin

marie said...

Your space is so nice and bright and I just love that big map on the wall.
I hope you get your computer taken care of.

Kristi said...

Thank you for sharing your space with us.I enjoyed looking around!

Hugs,
Kristi

Something Special said...

yes I agree, another summer of fun visiting to all the studio spots.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun little visit. At least you had your phone for photos. Tfs

StasaLynn said...

Your space is awesome and I love having everything out where I can see it too! Hope your computer starts to cooperate soon! Will be back to visit.... thanks for sharing with us! I know time is precious..

Staceu

Charmaine Hansen said...

Hi Beth, Oh my goodness I understand completely when it comes to computer issues but your studio is adorable and I can't wait to come back and visit.
Charmaine

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

No worries, computer issues and lack of time, is just what I have been hit with as well... But we made it to the party : ) It was a treat to see the pictures you were able to post and you have a very sweet place to create in.

All the best,

Mari

Sarah Gamble said...

You have collected a lot more knick knacks on the walls in a year mother. I think I need to come over and help with "product display" so it can be better appreciated. :) love you!

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

These are good things to clean up. I alway clean before someone comes over.Them decals is a good idea.
Laura

Maureen said...

Thanks for the tour, despite all your computer problems!

Love the VWs!

Sherry said...

I am still working my way through the list of blogs on the tour. I did visit you earlier but did not have the chance to leave a comment. Thanks for taking the time to share your space. Sarah's comment made me smile.

Creative Grammie said...

Aloha Beth,
I'm glad you were able to get your photos of your lovely space up for all of us to see. I'm like you, I look forward to visiting other bloggers' workspaces. I love your baskets on the wall that hold your supplies and tools. Thanks for the great tour! I'll be back to visit.