Sunday, September 30, 2012

I Decorated for Fall

It has been a long time since I have the energy or desire to decorate my house for Fall.  It’s hard to get out of summer mode and into the school routine.  By the time you have figured out what the kids are doing, the Christmas stuff is already in the stores.  It almost seems there are too few days to bother with fall décor.

Fall decor and Grandpa's memorial 015

In order to get some decorating encouragement, I cruised the pinterest boards.

Pinterest Fall decor board

These are just a few pictures that inspired me.

Fall decor 002

Luckily, our local Hobby Lobby knows how to take all the work out of decorating.  I didn’t want to resist this beautiful resin pumpkin.  The verse etched around the top is “Enter his gates with Thanksgiving.”  That is a sentiment I hope our home conveys all year long.

Fall decor 004

I love decorating with gourds.  Notice how I also implemented a few wedding décor items.

Fall decor and Grandpa's memorial 013

This area is my main décor focal point.  It’s a glass case, containing a large part of my tea cup and tea pot collection.  It sits against a funky architectural wall in the center of my dining room.  When we bought the house, the realtor suggested we take it down.  I said, “no, way!”  I love this wall and how it reflects the vintage of our home.  It is also a fun area to decorate.

Fall decor 001

You may have also noticed, in my previous photo, the photos of my grandpa.  Sadly he passed away on Labor Day.  There has been a lot of sadness in the family as we realize he is no longer with us.  He is so warmly remembered so we wanted our home to reflect that warmth as we welcomed all the family for dinner after his memorial service.

No comments: