Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Anti Procrastination Tuesday Summer in Full Force

I am linking today’s post with New Nostalgia for Anti Procrastination Tuesday.

7393129504_TCNCj

We are still getting used to the idea of our first child, our daughter, being married and on her own but alas, the summer is in full force so we are trudging ahead.  I have a huge to-do list.  Getting this post done is one item.  Specifically, I want to share a little more about the wedding.

WP_000199

Instead of a cake, my daughter wanted cake pops.  It actually turned out to be a great idea.  As I was wrapping my brain around making 400 cake pops, daughter decided she needed something else to balance out the look.  She decided on macarons.

IMG_0917

Not to be confused with coconut macaroons, these are a French pastry.  I went into a bit of a panic as I read how complicated these little cookies could be to make.

Fortunately daughter got this idea from a really fun cooking website called Sorted.  It’s British.  They show how to make these cookies and it turns out, it’s super easy.  It was so easy, we made three flavors:  lavendar, pistachio, and lemon.  We made at least 400 in just one day.

sorted

I can’t believe I don’t have a good photo of us making them.  Sorry.  These are a great treat.  Everyone really loved them.  We did use canned frosting but mainly because you use so little between the cookies, it wasn’t worth the effort of whipping up buttercream

I must say, the cake pops turned out unbelievable.  I will share a bit more about that another time.

IMG_0915

So now on to the rest of the list…laundry, take stuff to Goodwill, wash the car.. or I could finish planning our family road trip.  This summer we are going Utah, and points in between.   I definitely don’t want to procrastinate on getting that done.

Beth

No comments: