Monday, June 28, 2010

Cookie Recipe from My Friend

My friend at Blessings From Our Nest blog posted a recipe for her oatmeal cookies.  Typically when someone posts a favorite recipe on their blog, I like to attempt to make it and blog my experience.  Because I love these cookies, I was ready to make them the day I saw her post.  Unfortunately my daughter took over the kitchen that day.  One thing led to another, one day grew into another but now I finally got to make them.

Cookies and raspberries 004

They remind me why I do not bake cookies.  I would eat every one if I could.  So far I have only had four.  They are amazing!  The changes I made were minor.  Sherry used shortening.  I used lard (that’s what I had).  She normally doesn’t use nuts but I love nutty cookies so I added a cup of finely chopped walnuts.  This makes it so I can eat more and feel like it’s almost a meal, right?

Cookies and raspberries 002

Her recipe makes ten dozen so I only made half a recipe.  It took a couple of dozen for me to get the cook time right.  I like them a little soft on the inside with a nice crunch on the outside.  At 350, I baked them for 12 minutes.

No comments: