Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Great Clean Out

It’s Anti-Procrastination Tuesday

7393129504_TCNCj

 

I know tradition is to wait for Spring to clean all the nooks and crannies of our homes.  I just couldn’t wait!  Since my work schedule has increased so much, having a very tidy home is mandatory.  The kids, and husband, do as much as they can to maintain.  The best solution is to keep our home as simple as possible.

DSCF0008

Aahhhh, I remember when our home was all new (to us, 2006 remodel).  So much of our stuff was still packed away.  It was easier to keep my house clean when I didn’t have so much stuff around.

blog photos and second snow 039

The closets must be cleaned out.  The drawers organized.

blog photos and second snow 043

blog photos and second snow 042

 

 

 

 

 

Even the file cabinets are out of control.  Why do I feel the need to keep all this paperwork?  If I haven’t looked at it by now, it needs to go.

closeet cleaning 006

closeet cleaning 007

closeet cleaning 010

You can’t always bring a reusable shopping bag, or else you won’t be able to get a paper bag to throw all your paper recycling away.

I even got the freezer cleaned out this week!  As I walked in the door one evening, it occurred to me, I could take off my gloves and put them in my purse or keep them on so I could unload the freezer and not get cold.  After several days of contemplating doing this seemingly monumental task, it only took about 20 minutes to unload, make a list of everything inside, and put it all away.

closeet cleaning 001   blog photos 002

It’s been a pretty rough morning already but I’m glad I took a minute to finish this post.  Now to finish making chicken fajitas for dinner.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

I have also been motivated to get organized and have done some cleaning out and organizing, I am now inspired to get a post written, I do have some before and after pictures. Have a great day!

The Mamma said...

Oh man... I'm so inspired now. Now to just get the basement project done so I can focus on purging!

katrina said...

Oh how i have spring cleaning fever! actually, i have spring fever....period!!! your post was just what i needed today!i feel like every room needs something cleaned out and organized....i have missed seeing you at church! hope you are all well. thinking of you!

Anna said...

Beth this is a great post! I love that you finally just took the initiative and did it! I actually laughed when I read the part about getting bags from the store, I do the same thing. :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm glad I found yours. :)

Anna @askannamoseley.blogspot.com

Dr. Laura @ WhoIsLaura.com said...

Great job Beth! Thanks for sharing your experience at Minimalist Monday Mission: Declutter 365

Dr. Laura

Nancy said...

I laughed when I read what you wrote about the bags... I do have reusable bags, but in order to use them I would need to remember to put them back in the car and actually bring them into the store. My line of thought was the same as yours, and I do use the paper bags to haul off good will items as often as possible. Great post! Motivating me to continue on to the next space to purge.